Tuesday, October 2, 2012

And in other rutherford news

Let me tell you about 3.  Throw out everything you heard about 2.  If you think 2 is hard, you need to go get a drink NOW.  3 is MUCH harder than 2.  Like today when someone was crying all day about nothing.  Mostly.  

For example.  I needed to work on Stella & Dot for one hour this morning.  I let them watch a movie.  Mercer Anne cried throughout said movie because Woodson was touching her.  Not just whining, full blown crocodile tears.  Touching let to fighting back leading to head lock on the floor.  Both crying.  I just shut the door.

Or, how about I picked Woodson up out of the car because he was just "hanging out" and we needed to get inside after the gym.  And he lost it.  He started throwing my shoes off the front porch at me.  Then he threw the cats' water bowl at me.  This is after I told him to stop, multiple times in my meanest mom voice.  Then nice neighbor comes over with concerned look and asks if I need help.  Just as...wait for it...MA has moved the shoes back on the porch and is saying "SON don't you throw that shoe again" (me trying not to laugh because that actually IS funny), shoe 1 catapults back into the air and shoe 2 follows shortly after.  Thanks Woodson.  Mom of the year.  I tell him, its just one of those days. He looks really concerned.

Or how about after we get inside and Woodson gets a light "pop" (outside of diaper just to scare) he hits me over and over on the arm, butt, leg, wherever he can reach.  I am not sure what to do because hitting isn't ok but the more attention I give him, I just feel I am adding fuel to the fire.  I place him in time out.  He gets out and starts throwing the glue bottle (near EG who is clearly helpless) and then pretty much anything he can find to show me how mad he is.  I'm still not sure what we are mad about.  But now I am pretty ticked.  So he goes back to time out.  And he picks something else up and hits me - I don't know what because I am now in blind rage - and I decide this is "spank worthy" behavior.  Take is pull-up off and give him another little pop.  Not hard, but he got the point. I thought.  Until he realized there was only one mash-up (thanks for introducing these hard to find expensive fruit blends, mom!) and he went back into temper tantrum mode.  I called Richard.  Rereinforcements are on the way.  In the meantime MA realizes there is also just one mash-up and is hysterical too.  I just went to a zen place where I couldn't hear any crying and sat and waited until Richard got home.  First thing Woodson tells dad is that "Mommy took my pansies off and I didn't like it".  Doesn't get much better than that.

Or how about Woodson gets mad when I tell him it is bed-time and we are not watching dinosaurs tonight.  Or any night because TV before bedtime for my kids does not end well, EVER.  So unsuspecting Mercer Anne who is leaning down in front of dresser is shoved as hard as possible into the dresser - head first.  Big ole bump.  Now they are both hysterical again.  And then I went to the store.  To target.  And bought all the blue and berry flavor mash-ups they had. Because that is going to solve the problem.  Probably should have hit the liquor store too.

1 comment:

  1. Have definitely had days like this and I only have two! Can't imagaine having a third in the mix! Sometimes you do have to call in reinforcements and pray (hide) until they get there :)

    ReplyDelete