Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Strawberry picking and packing

It's Wednesday night and I have about zero time to blog, but while I stall from packing and from working out, I decided to spend some time with my one true love (no offense, Richard), writing.

We are moving to Asheville for the summer.  Duke has a really insane part of their training program which requires their Ortho residents to spend 6 months either in Atlanta or Asheville.  Husband left March 30.  We leave to join him on the adventure tomorrow.  Many thanks to my Mom who has literally bent over backwards, pulled screaming children from me, packed, cleaned, gone to the store, filled my car with gas etc. while I packed.  Did I mention she shows up with a smile on her face at 7am?  Yep. She is awesome.

This moving for a few months is crazy.  And Woodson has totally picked up on it.  His behavior is OUT. OF. CONTROL.  I am hoping it is completely related to the absence of Dad.  He looks harmless enough here, don't let him fool you.  Little monster has been coming out to play...

On an unrelated note - here is what it looks like to go strawberry picking with 4 kids.  Thats my sweet friend Emily.  Everyone is ready to go and we just started.  Possibly related to the fact this is the second strawberry patch.  The first one had terrible strawberries.  No really, they were shriveled and gross.  So we left and went to a second one.   See the crowd in the background?  They have big playground with a bounce house.  But it costs $5/person.  And this mom didn't bring cash.  Big mom fail.  But to be fair, we can share some blame with the patch.  No wonder W had a meltdown.  It is impossible for a 4 year old to comprehend not being able to play after a forced march through rows of berries.  From the mouth of my babe, "MOM, just go to the bank and get some money!!!!!".  Doesn't matter I also feel it is absolutely ridiculous to pay that much for a playground.  $5 for the family, yes.  $20 for the family when my strawberries cost $9, no.
 Say cheese!  Of course no one is looking!  (this is from the first berry patch)
 Lets end on a happy note.  Who doesn't love a great smile!





No comments:

Post a Comment