Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Field trip and Fuddruckers


 So the twins too a field trip today with their pre-school class at the JCC Asheville.  The lady in the left is Haviva, their teacher.  She is wonderful! They went to Lake Julian, played, rode a pontoon boat, ate lunch and came home.  There were no photos of Mercer Anne, but Woodson seemed to have a great time.


 Tonight we had swim lessons and some friends join us at the pool.  My friend had the idea to take the kids to Fuddruckers afterwards.  I should have just said no.  But I didn't.  6PM after a field trip, swim lessons and the pool is not the time to go to a restaurant like Fuddruckers.  I hate that place.  I really hate it.  They give you a free cookie which is exactly what kids need at night.  Furthermore there are a million video games and those put in a million quarters to grab a stuffed animal/ball/piece of junk. Its a money pit.  On the bright side.  My kids held it together like champs.  And a sweet girl and her mom heard me tell Woodson no we could not insert a million quarters into the machine and IF you are lucky you grab a ball with the "claw". Apparently the little girl had won 5 balls and brought them over to our table and gave them out to our kids.  Crisis averted.  I do not have to play the claw game which I basically feel is a trap and recipe for disappointment.  I did however, "mom up" and let Woodson play the game where you shoot things on the screen and Mercer Anne/ Elizabeth Grace do the race car driving game.  I did learn that I don't know if I will ever be ready to ride in the car with Mercer Anne.  We died a million times.....


No comments:

Post a Comment