Monday, June 2, 2014

white belt


Two months ago we started going to "Ninja" class.  And to be honest I had reservations about it being weird or influencing my children to fight.  And then I thought about it.  And watched the teachers.  I realized this was possibly the best thing ever for Woodson.  Great for Mercer Anne too, but the timing could not be more perfect for my sweet son.  

They teach them obedience and respect.  Respect for their teachers, adults, peers and most importantly, themselves.  I heard a lot of, "yes ma'am" and "no sir" coming out of my children's mouths and decided we were coming back as much as they would let us! 

In order to receive your white belt, you have to memorize the Ninja creed.   Woodson did it two weeks ago completely out of the blue.  Of course we had practiced and practiced when we first started.  I pushed and pushed.  And then one day he saw another kid do it and after class I suggested he recite it.  He walked up to the leader (I am not sure what they are called) and did it.  Cold. I was so impressed and extremely proud of my baby boy!  GREAT JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment