Sunday, June 1, 2014

Finding our way around Asheville

Yesterday around 4:30 my children became little monsters.  Usually, when they become little monsters it means we need to GET. OUT. OF. THE. HOUSE.  So we did.  And we found this little gem of a park.  It is in the center of a soccer park.  I guess they built it for moms who have little children that need to play while their bigger kids play soccer?  I dunno. It works though.  I hesitated to post these pictures because they do not represent the true mood of the afternoon if you know what I mean.  They look like "summer".  But they were the 2 minutes out of 45.  You can kind of tell from Mercer Anne's facial expression that life was not perfect:-)  But I will say I caught a few awesome smiles on the tire swing that made the afternoon worth it.  I read somewhere recently that there are no "good" days when raising children, only good moments.  And I felt this rang true yesterday.  We had a few spectacularly wonderful moments.
This one is my easy child (this month).

This one does not like to wear shoes, ever.

This one knows where the camera is...always.

1 comment:

  1. So true, I need to remember that. Good moments - we have lots of those. Whole days are a stretch! xo

    ReplyDelete