Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It's late, I should be in bed...but I feel like writing

Today was the KINDERGARTEN PLAY.  It was a 11am.  So - I had time to run home after dropping the 3 kids off - work out on the elliptical for 30 minutes, hop in the shower, blow dry my hair and make it back to school on time.  Right?  Almost.

I get there with 4 minutes to spare.  I have it in my head the play is in the sanctuary.  I see people walking into Whitford Hall - but they are wrong.  They don't know where they are going.  I am going to take the secret route.  I run up the back entrance to the sanctuary - locked.  I peep through the window.  I don't see anyone and it is dark (first clue).  3 minutes to go.  I run back down the stairs, around a small city block to the front of the church.  Door #1:  locked.  Door #2: open.  Sanctuary: Empty.  1 minute to go.  Its definitely in Whitford Hall.  Oops.  Run through sanctuary through breezeway toward Whitford Hall.  Door is locked.  No one is coming to open door.  Go back to sanctuary.  Locked.  I am stuck on breezeway.  Its 11 am.  Thankfully my phone rings and Kimbie (Molly's mom) calls to say where am I - play is starting.  I try explaining while I am banging on the door.  Man opens door.  I run in and down the hall.  They have waited for me.  All of the parents turn and look and laugh.  Some clap.  I feel terrible.

But the play was amazing.  Mercer Anne and Woodson were both Indians and turkeys.  Yep.  You read that right.  Woodson had the opening line..."Please stand and salute the flag".  He was awesome.  It was also his only line.  Mercer Anne didn't have one.  THANK GOODNESS they waited for me or I would have missed it.

Just wanted to record this tidbit.  They are in the Indian costumes here.  The turkeys were eaten at the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment