Sunday, June 2, 2013

the first beach trip of the summer!

 This is one cute baby.  And she is super, super sweet.  Unless she is being ignored.  She will NOT be ignored - it is a good thing we are spending the week at Camp JJ.
 This is EG's first "real" trip to the beach.  Meaning the first time I feel like she will be able to play and enjoy the sand (and water?) without crying the entire time - last year she was just too small.
 Quick side note:  After driving most of the way to the beach and coming within 30 miles of Wilmington - everyone HAD to stop.  So I pulled over into unknown territory and we got out, used the potty (where a nice lady asked me if Woodson had "sensitivity issues" - not sure what she meant by that but he did cup his ears and scream TOO LOUD everytime someone flushed or used the air dryer - I'm used to this behavior so it never seemed odd - so nice of the bathroom lady to point it out to me).  We got back in the car and headed down the highway.  W is screaming in the back:  You are going the wrong way mommy!  You are going the wrong way!.  I'm in the front yelling:  I AM GOING THE RIGHT WAY AND IF YOU SAY THAT AGAIN I AM GOING TO TURN THE CAR AROUND AND GO HOME!  Empty threat and we both know it.  Either way, jokes on me.  I totally went the wrong way and headed back to Durham.  Had no idea until 30 minutes later when I start seeing signs to Raleigh.... So I added an entire hour to a drive with 3 kids.  No problem.

Needless to say we had some pent up energy and they were ready to go to the beach in record time.
 Here is Woodson's "I AM FREEEEE" run.  Or that is what I imagined when I took a good look at his facial expression.

 MA just looks Sassy in those sunglasses and her Hello Kitty swimsuit.  She refused to wear her swim shirt because she didn't want to cover up the Hello Kitty.  Say what?!  I thought that started much later....
Happy Sunday Folks,
xo
Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. "Mom, you're doing it wrong" sure starts early!

    ReplyDelete